Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How Do I?


How do I stop myself from begrudging someone what is rightfully theirs when it infringes on my own justified desires?


How do I make peace within my heart for things my head can not wrap itself around?


How do I let go just enough so that those I love dearly stay safe but also thrive from the experience?


How do I sort through things that make no sense and keep my sanity when the answers remain elusive?


How do I make decisions when what I so desperately want is in constant conflict with doing something that is “for the best”?


How do I trust when the fiber of my being remains suspicious?

How do I act as the protector when I am so frequently helpless?


It is in the absence of courage that fear resides. It is in the presence of courage that faith endures.

Psalm 118:5 Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.

When I need him, He is there for me. He hears my cries and pulls me in safely to His side.

Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

I don’t have all the answers (heck…I don’t even have a few of the answers). Nobody does. Nobody but Him. My trust and my safety lies with Him.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

I can’t do this by myself…but through His grace, I can see a glimpse of what my life will become if I follow His word and His way.

I don’t know how I do all these things I’m “supposed” to do. Every day, I make mistakes that I wish I could undo. The only solace I have is the knowledge that I get to wake up again tomorrow, forgiven, so I can try to do better.


My motivation to do better is the most beautiful kind there is...




No comments:

Post a Comment