Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Big Plans



Who has big plans???

I do. Every day, big ambitions go through my head. Some days I succeed in making progress. Most days those big plans remain pipe dreams. What are your big plans? Come on, make them known!!! Public accountability is a powerful thing.

This week:

I plan to cook a healthy supper every night...even if I'm the only one home.

I am going to go to the gym at LEAST once....even if I only walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

I WILL go to bed before 10:00pm one night...even if there is something "good" on TV.

I will NOT give my children more than one chance to obey me...even if it means getting up off the couch to prove I'm serious.

I won't stress about my appointment with Unemployment even though I'm totally freaked out and worried they will discontinue my benefits if my answers to their questions aren't "perfect".

I have big plans for this week. I'm taking my kids to a movie in the afternoon. I'm sorting through piles of papers and junk that have been collecting dust for the better part of six months. I'm making a meal plan that will make shopping easier.

There is a good chance that like .5% of this will get done....but I'm good with that. Any progress is a step in the right direction.

You know what they say.....about that road.... You know, the one that's paved with good intentions? Yeah...I travel down that road quite a bit. Well, I've decided that it's time to start appreciating those good intention paving stones and make some permanent stakes here.

In my "About Me" section of this blog, I talk about accountability. Here's where it starts. I've got big plans for my life but those plans have to come to fruition by starting with seeds that I intentionally plant. It's all about purpose...and I fully intend to live my life "on purpose" from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment